Saturday, April 18, 2009

Interview Of Which Book My Father Liked To Read

Some time ago, I had interviewed my father on what he liked to read the most. My teacher, Mr. Lundberg, requested that we do that interview.

My father had a very great liking towards the Eragon Inheritance Cycle (by Christopher Paolini), which comprises the books Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and final book concluding the story that haven't been published.

The Eragon Inheritance Cycle is about a boy named Eragon. Eragon was a normal boy living with his uncle and cousin. His life changed drastically when he found a stone in the Spine. Eragon thought that it was just a stone, but in actual fact it is an dragon egg. The dragon egg hatched out into a baby dragon, so Eragon secretly raised the dragon up. Unfortunately, his uncle was killed by two weird creatures. To have his revenge, Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, began a adventure with Brom to track down the two strange creatures.

My father started to read the story last year. I happen to see a classmate of mine reading Eragon. I got interested in it and asked my father if I could have the books to read. My father had also read the books when he saw the books. Honestly, it was also one of my favourite books. My father enjoyed reading the books.

My father liked and treasured the Eragon Inheritance Cycle because:

  • The author Christopher Paolini started writing the book when he was only 15 years old. It was known that Christopher Paolini was home-schooled, unlike other teenagers. It was a remarkable achievement.
  • The author displayed his amazing imagination in his book of a fantasy world by describing the world of where dragons, humans, elves and dwarves lived side by side.
  • It often make my father relieve his stress, often he was so absorbed in the story that he often felt that he was in the story himself.
  • The author was excellent in his language. After reading his story, it was obvious that his language was very developed, even though he was home-schooled.
  • The books the author wrote was a best-seller.

My father is still anxiously waiting for the last and concluding book of the story.

2 comments:

  1. Justin:

    Me too! I like reading Eragon too! The story is so exciting! My favourite book in the series so far is Brisngr as I found it the most exciting. I've read it about 7 times already... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, i read it 20-30 times! Beat that! Anyway, regarding the blog, i thought Mr Lundberg wanted us to tell of a book our parents read went they were young, and eragon was created a few years ago, not 20 years ago or something. Anyway, I love the inheritance cycle! Waiting anxiously for the last book as well!

    ReplyDelete